kitchens are the centerpiece of most houses, and some of today’s kitchen trends are using ‘children’ as inspiration with the goal to make them more self-sufficient. These latest designs include…
- Accessible pantries dedicated to healthy snacks so children can select their own snacks from an assortment of healthy options
- Installing under counter refrigerator drawers that children can easily open themselves when craving veggies, fruit and drinks
- Using lower cabinets and drawers to store child-friendly utensils, cups, bowls and plates
- A discrete homework island with a drawer for outlets to charge devices since students tend do their homework in the kitchen
- Much more counter space for helping cook, make pizzas, decorate cookies and arts & crafts
- Less use of barstools, high countertops and fabric chairs due to little fingers that can easily stain as children eat, cook or paint
When it comes time to sell a house, completely renovated kitchens add the highest amount of resale value compared with other upgrades, according to a survey of 2,031 members of the National Association of Realtors.
Please contact me for questions regarding buying or selling a house.